Click the play button to start the video. To view the video at full screen, click the icon in the bottom-right corner. To exit full screen, press Esc.
- PowerPoint Presentation: Framing Your Research Agenda Using a Research Continuum
- Handout 1: Agenda
- Handout 2: Example Research Agenda: Problem of Practice
- Handout 3: Important Considerations When Developing a Research Agenda
- Handout 4: Linking Research Questions to Design
The webinar covers the following topics:
SEDL’s research continuum: This research continuum serves as a framework for understanding how different types of research studies contribute to creating an evidence base for education policies and programs.
Steps in developing a research agenda: A research agenda outlines priority topic areas, as well as short-term and long-term goals, for future research studies. The webinar includes information on how to collectively create research questions, identify study outcomes, determine data needs and availability, and understand common constraints on implementing research.
The webinar benefits alliance members in three ways:
- Strengthens alliance members' capacity to develop a research agenda.
- Increases alliance members' understanding of research questions, designs, and methodologies.
- Presents knowledge and tools to ensure members' research interests and priorities are represented in their alliance's research agenda.