American Institutes for Research Awarded REL Southwest Contract for 2017–22
We are excited to announce that American Institutes for Research has been awarded the
REL Southwest 2017–22 contract to serve the region of Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. Our partners in this work include the state education agencies in our region as well as six subcontractors: Decision Information Resources, Empirical Education, Gibson Consulting, RAND, Safal Partners, and WestEd. This team includes skilled quantitative and qualitative researchers as well as staff with experience working with and supporting collaborative research partnerships with state education agencies and other stakeholders.
We have six major REL Southwest research partnerships under development:
- Southwest College and Career Readiness (SWCCR) Research Partnership with the Arkansas Department of Education
- Southwest Teacher Preparation and Professional Development (SWTPPD) Research Partnership with the Louisiana Department of Education
- Southwest English Language Learners (SWELL) Research Partnership with the New Mexico Public Education Department
- Southwest Early Childhood Education (SWECE) Research Partnership with the Oklahoma State Department of Education
- Southwest School Improvement (SWSI) Research Partnership with the Texas Education Agency
- Southwest Networked Improvement Community (SWNIC)
Each of these major partnerships will result in innovative technical support, coaching, research, and dissemination activities that will increase knowledge in relevant content areas while informing current policy and practice. We look forward to engaging stakeholders in these and other partnerships to produce relevant and useful products.
Best wishes during this holiday season and in the coming new year!
Visit our new website: https://ies.ed.gov/ncee/edlabs/regions/southwest/index.asp