- June 20: Bridge Event: Research-Based Practices for Improving Academic Outcomes for English Learners, South Padre Island, TX (1:00–1:45 p.m. CT)
- Examining Ratings and Dimensions of Quality in an Early Childhood Education Quality Rating and Improvement System (2015)
- A Matter of Equity: Preschool in America (2015)
- Applying Implementation Science in Early Childhood Programs and Systems (2013)
- The New Mexico PreK Evaluation: Results from the Initial Four Years of a New State Preschool Initiative (2009)
- Early Childhood Assessment: Why, What, and How (2008)
New Mexico Prekindergarten Research Alliance
This alliance brings together early childhood educators, policymakers, researchers, and others to examine and improve the state's preK programs.
Research findings consistently show the positive effects of high-quality early childhood education on children’s development and later academic success.1 The New Mexico Prekindergarten Research Alliance brings together early childhood stakeholders representing publicly funded preK, community-based childcare, and Head Start to study the importance of accessible and high-quality early education for New Mexico’s youngest learners.
Alliance work includes refining the research agenda and supporting the use of data and evidence to improve practice, policy, and student outcomes. In addition, the alliance is building the capacity of New Mexico educators and policymakers to understand and apply data and research evidence.
- Inform the state-level creation and maintenance of a comprehensive preK–12 data system
- Extend the evidence base on the impact of the state's preK initiatives on student outcomes
- Refine and develop innovations to support the alignment and measurement of standards and benchmarks for early childhood programs
About the Alliance
1. Barnett, W. S., Carolan, M. E., Fitzgerald, J., & Squires, J. H. (2012). The state of preschool 2012: State preschool yearbook. New Brunswick, NJ: National Institute for Early Education Research. Retrieved from http://nieer.org/publications/state-preschool-2012