- REL Southwest Alliance Members Come Together for Final Meetings and Celebrations (11/28/17)
- Prekindergarten Research in New Mexico: Setting a Research Agenda and Validating an Observation Tool (11/28/17)
- Opportunities to Improve Early Learning Under ESSA: Q&A With Janice Keizer (03/17/17)
- Webinar: Leading the Way: How States Are Addressing Early Learning Under ESSA (2017)
- Webinar: Preschool to Kindergarten: Successfully Navigating the Transition (2016)
- Workshop: Teaching Math to Young Children Practice Guide (2015)
- Webinar: Teaching Math to Young Children Practice Guide: An Introduction (2015)
- Data Inventory: New Mexico Prekindergarten (2015)
- Webinar: Engaging Families in the Assessment Process and Use of Data: An Early Childhood Example (2014)
New Mexico Prekindergarten Research Alliance
This alliance brings together early childhood educators, policymakers, researchers, and others to examine and improve the state's preK programs.
Research findings consistently show the positive effects of high-quality early childhood education on children’s development and later academic success.1 The New Mexico Prekindergarten Research Alliance brings together early childhood stakeholders representing publicly funded preK, community-based childcare, and Head Start to study the importance of accessible and high-quality early education for New Mexico’s youngest learners.
Alliance work includes refining the research agenda and supporting the use of data and evidence to improve practice, policy, and student outcomes. In addition, the alliance is building the capacity of New Mexico educators and policymakers to understand and apply data and research evidence.
- Inform the state-level creation and maintenance of a comprehensive preK–12 data system
- Extend the evidence base on the impact of the state's preK initiatives on student outcomes
- Refine and develop innovations to support the alignment and measurement of standards and benchmarks for early childhood programs
About the Alliance
1. Barnett, W. S., Carolan, M. E., Fitzgerald, J., & Squires, J. H. (2012). The state of preschool 2012: State preschool yearbook. New Brunswick, NJ: National Institute for Early Education Research. Retrieved from http://nieer.org/state-preschool-yearbooks