- REL Southwest Alliance Members Come Together for Final Meetings and Celebrations (11/28/17)
- Research and Practice Make Perfect: Collaboration on the Oklahoma Rural Schools Research Alliance (11/20/17)
- Video: Implementing a Data Literate Culture in a Rural Oklahoma School District (11/06/17)
- Report: Indicators of successful teacher recruitment and retention in Oklahoma rural school districts (2017)
- Infographic: Indicators of Successful Teacher Recruitment and Retention in Oklahoma Rural Schools (2017)
- Report: Opportunities for Teacher Professional Development in Oklahoma Rural and Nonrural Schools (2017)
- Infographic: Professional Development Opportunities for Rural and Nonrural Teachers in Oklahoma (2017)
- Webinar: A Research Partnership to Support High-Quality Professional Learning (2017)
- Video: Implementing a Data Literate Culture in a Rural Oklahoma School District (2017)
- Resource Roundup: Engaging Native Families & Communities (2017)
- Webinar: Strengthening School Partnerships with Native Families and Communities (2016)
- Webinar: Culturally Responsive Resources for Native Students (2016)
- Focus: Oklahoma: Supporting High-Quality Professional Development for Rural Teachers (2016)
- Data Inventory: Oklahoma Rural Schools (2015)
- Webinar: Implementing a Data Literate Culture at the School and Teacher Levels Pt. II (2015)
- Webinar: Implementing a Data Literate Culture at the School and Teacher Levels Pt. I (2014)
- Webinar: Aspirations of Rural Youth (2013)
Oklahoma Rural Schools Research Alliance
This alliance brings together rural educators, Native American Indian tribes, policymakers, researchers, and others to investigate factors and potential solutions related to strengthening rural school performance.
More than two-thirds of Oklahoma school districts are classified as rural, giving the state one of the highest proportions of rural districts in the REL Southwest Region.1 The state's rural schools face several challenges, including poverty, limited resources, and difficulty recruiting and training teachers.
The Oklahoma Rural Schools Research Alliance is examining factors that affect rural school performance. Alliance work includes refining the research agenda and supporting the use of data to inform and improve practice and develop products tailored to rural schools. In addition, the alliance builds the knowledge base and capacity of rural alliance members and education policymakers in Oklahoma to understand and apply data and research evidence.
Understand the factors that contribute to or impede progress related to school performance and student college and career readiness in Oklahoma's rural areas
About the Alliance
1. National Center for Education Statistics, Common Core of Data, 2010-2011.