Web Resources: REL and General Education
- Regional Educational Laboratory (REL) Program
The RELs work in partnership with school districts, state departments of education, and others to use data and research to improve outcomes for students.
- Institute of Education Sciences (IES)
IES serves as the U.S. Department of Education center for education research, evaluation, assessment, development, and statistics.
- A Primer for Analyzing Nested Data: Multilevel Modeling in SPSS Using an Example from a REL Study
- An Educator's Guide to Questionnaire Development
- Common Core of Data
- Developing a Coherent Research Agenda: Lessons from the REL Northeast & Islands Research Agenda Workshops
- Evaluation of the Regional Educational Laboratories Final Report
- IES Technical Working Group Meeting Summaries
- National Assessment of Educational Progress
- National Center for Education Statistics Data Tools
- National Center for Education Statistics State Profiles
- National Education Research and Development Centers
- Practitioner Data Use in Schools: Workshop Toolkit
- Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems Grant Program
- The College Readiness Data Catalog Tool: User Guide
- The Condition of Education 2015
- What Works Clearinghouse (WWC)
- U.S. Department of Education (ED)
ED's mission is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access.
- IES REPORTS AND TOOLS
Other Regional Technical Assistance Providers
- Regional Comprehensive Centers
The nation's 22 regional comprehensive centers provide frontline assistance to states to help them implement federal education requirements and increase their capacity to assist districts and schools.
- National Content Centers
The seven content centers provide in-depth knowledge, expertise, and analyses to the regional comprehensive centers and the states they serve.
- Building State Capacity and Productivity
- College and Career Readiness and Success Center
- College and Career Readiness and Success Center, Interactive State Map
- Enhancing Early Learning Outcomes
- Great Teachers & Leaders
- Innovations in Learning
- School Turnaround
- Standards and Assessment Implementation
- Equity Assistance Centers
Four regional Equity Assistance Centers, funded by the U.S. Department of Education, assist public schools in providing equal educational opportunities in the areas of race, gender, national origin, and religion.
- IDRA EAC-South serves Region II (includes AR, LA, and TX).
- Great Lakes Equity Center serves Region III (includes OK).
- Metropolitan State University serves Region IV (includes NM).
- Safe Supportive Learning
U.S. Department of Education
- Technical Assistance and Dissemination Network (TA&D Network)
The TA&D Network of approximately 45 centers provide information and technical assistance to states, schools, educational professionals, and families on topics such as autism, deafness, disproportionate representation, and learning disabilities.
Data and Research Resources
- American Evaluation Association
- Census 2010
- Child Trends Data Bank
- Childstats Forum on Child and Family Statistics
- Civil Rights Data Collection
- Consolidated State Performance Reports (CSPR)
- Digest of Education Statistics
- Ed Data Express
- Education Resources Information Center (ERIC)
- Kids Count Data Center
- National Implementation Research Network
- School Attendance Boundary Information System (SABINS)
- United States Education Dashboard
General Education Resources
- American Federation of Teachers
- Association of Educational Service Agencies
- American Association of School Administrators
- Campbell Collaboration Library
- Common Core State Standards
- Council of Chief State School Officers
- Education Commission of the States
- National Association for Multicultural Education
- National Association of Elementary School Principals
- National Association of Secondary School Principals
- National Association of State Directors of Special Education
- National Council of Teachers of English
- National Council for the Social Studies
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- National Education Association
- National Parent/Teachers Association
- National Science Teachers Association